A bathtub is one of the must-haves for a luxurious bathroom! Even at home, you can enjoy the comfort of a five-star and spa-like bathroom when you have the right bathtub! It will be a haven for relaxation.
After a long day at work or doing chores at your house, nothing beats the feeling of soaking in a bathtub!
Are you looking for the best bathtubs in the market? If you are clueless about what to buy? Keep on reading and we’ll recommend some of the top products to consider.
- 1 Top 6 Picks for the Best Bathtubs Reviews
- 1.1 1. Kingston Brass VTDE603122R 60-inch Bathtub
- 1.2 2. Empava 67-inch Freestanding Bathtub
- 1.3 3. Woodbridge BTA-1513 Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub
- 1.4 4. Kohler K-1123-RA-0 Archer 5-foot Bathtub
- 1.5 5. Woodbridge BTA1507 Freestanding Acrylic Bathtub
- 1.6 6. Vanity Art 59-inch Freestanding Acrylic Bathtub
- 2 How to Choose the Best Bathtub
- 3 Conclusion
Top 6 Picks for the Best Bathtubs Reviews
No idea about the best bathtub to buy? Below are some of the top products that should be on your radar as well as the things that make them great.
1. Kingston Brass VTDE603122R 60-inch Bathtub
If you are looking for an affordable bathtub with decent quality, this is one of the best options that should make it on your list.
The main material is solid acrylic, which is common in budget-friendly bathtubs. It is reinforced with fiberglass and resin to make it stronger. Despite this, however, some people noted that it might scratch easily.
Aside from its simplistic construction, the manufacturer also notes that it is user-friendy when it comes to installation. It is pre-drilled with the necessary holes for drainage and fixtures, making its assembly a snap to accomplish.
As for the style, this is an alcove bathtub. This means that its three sides will be surrounded by your bathroom walls. There is an attached apron, which will effectively conceal the bathtub’s underside.
Lastly, this bathtub has a capacity of 58.2 gallons of water. It is also large enough, making it great if you want to build a shower and tub combo.
- Good heat retention
- Simple but elegant
- Easily prone to scratches
- No lumbar support
2. Empava 67-inch Freestanding Bathtub
If you are building a contemporary bathroom, this elegant bathtub is one of the best choices to consider.
It has a 58-gallon capacity, which will make it spacious for most users. Despite this, you can expect that it is lightweight. This can be attributed to the use of acrylic as its main material.
The exterior has a glossy white finish, which will add a hint of elegance in the bathroom. The interior, on the other hand, stays warm to the touch. Cleaning is also easy, making it a breeze to get rid of tough stains and prevent discoloration.
We also love how it comes with leveling feet. This will make it easy to adjust the height of the tub and ensure its stability.
Take note that this is a freestanding bathtub, which means that it can be prone to movement on the floor. To prevent this from happening, make sure to have it fixed on the ground during its installation.
- Easy to clean
- Comes with an antibacterial surface
- Can have drainage issues
3. Woodbridge BTA-1513 Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub
One thing that you will love in this product is its price. It is affordable, especially considering that it is a freestanding tub. Despite its low price, it has an exceptional quality. This is the perfect addition if you want to have an elegant bathroom!
This bathtub is made using 100% white Lucite acrylic. It has resin and fiberglass reinforcement, making the shell tougher. These materials are common in higher-end bathtubs.
The bottom part of the bathtub comes with stainless steel brackets. This will support the body of the tub and will make it stable in its place.
There is also a flexible tube drain. This will make the bathtub versatile in terms of the configuration of the fixture that you wish to install.
It is also a great choice for those who do not have the luxury of time and effort to spare for care and maintenance. Keeping the bathtub clean and bright is an easy task.
- Sleek design
- Can be prone to leaking
- Slow drain
4. Kohler K-1123-RA-0 Archer 5-foot Bathtub
Kohler is one of the most trusted brands in the market for bathroom fixtures. This is a compelling reason to choose this bathtub over many of its competitors.
This is shorter than most of the bathtubs in our recommendations. Despite this, it has a plethora of features to ensure your highest level of comfort. One of its highlights is the Comfort Depth design. It has a 19-inch step-over height. Plus, there is a molded lumbar support, making sure that you will have a relaxing time while you are in the bathtub.
There is also a slotted overflow. This will allow deep soaking in the bathtub, making it a must-have for a relaxing routine in the bathroom.
The integral flange is another exceptional feature of this bathtub. This will help in preventing water from seeping on the walls. It also simplifies installation.
Another thing that makes it impressive is the textured bottom surface. This improves traction, which will prevent you from slipping. This is an excellent safety feature of the bathtub.
- Easy to install
- Water does not seep behind walls
- Can be too small for some
- Drain may not properly close
5. Woodbridge BTA1507 Freestanding Acrylic Bathtub
This freestanding bathtub is an excellent way to make any bathroom look more sophisticated. It has a sleek design and subtle curves that will make it a true head-turner.
Similar to the Woodbridge bathtub that has been earlier mentioned in this buying guide, it is also made using gloss white acrylic with resin and fiberglass. These materials are known for their longevity. Unsurprisingly, this bathtub has a rated weight capacity of up to 1,000 pounds. It also has a double-walled construction, which will make it more durable.
The design of the drain and pipe system is also impressive. This is designed to prevent leak, making it easy to keep the bathroom mess-free. This also lessens the chances that the bathtub will require expensive repairs in the future.
The ergonomic design of the bathtub’s interior is also worth highlighting. The inner shell has several protruding areas, which will make it more supportive once you are enjoying a relaxing soak.
- High-weight capacity
- Double-walled construction
- Vague installation instructions
- Stains are hard to remove
6. Vanity Art 59-inch Freestanding Acrylic Bathtub
Wrapping up our list of the best bathtubs is another model with a freestanding design that will make any bathroom look chic.
This oval bathtub is made using 100% acrylic and reinforced with fiberglass. This is a similar material to most of the products that are included in our recommendations. The materials used are also non-toxic and easy to clean.
This bathtub also comes with leveling legs. This means that it will be easy to set it at the desired height and make sure that it is stable. For your peace of mind, make sure that it is fixed in its position. Otherwise, it will be prone to moving, and this can damage not only the bathroom floor but also the plumbing lines.
Lastly, the bathtub comes with a one-year warranty against defects.
- Comes with a flexible hose drain
- Has self-leveling legs
- Difficult to get in and out
- Installation can be tricky
How to Choose the Best Bathtub
The options will be overwhelming. It is not as easy as choosing the cheapest or picking the one that looks most stylish. There are many things to consider, including those that we’ll be briefly talking about below.
Type of Bathtub
The first thing to do is to consider the type of bathtub that works best for your needs and preferences. Here are some of the options that will confront you:
- Recessed Bathtub: Also called alcove bathtub, this is the most popular. It is installed between three walls. It is also commonly the most affordable.
- Freestanding Bathtub: This is perfect if you have the luxury of space in the bathroom. It stands on its own and will not be installed along a wall.
- Corner Bathtub: It is a three-sided tub that is installed in the corner of a bathroom. This is a good option for a small bathroom.
- Drop-in Bathtub: As the name implies, it is dropped into a frame, which acts as the walls or sides of the bathtub. It requires a complicated installation.
- Whirlpool Bathtubs: This is like a regular bathtub but has whirlpools or jets for relaxation.
This is an important factor because the material will dictate the overall quality of the bathtub, including its durability.
- Acrylic: This is one of the most popular choices because it is lightweight but durable. It can also be affordable, depending on where you will buy it.
- Cast iron: The ultra-thick finish of this material is what makes it popular. It has excellent heat retention. However, this is heavy.
- Fiberglass: If you are looking for a lightweight and affordable bathtub, it is hard to go wrong with fiberglass. Its gel coating, however, can scratch easily.
- Enameled Steel: This is a formed steel bathtub with a porcelain enamel coating. This is also a popular option for budget-friendly bathtubs.
This depends on the size of the bathroom. If you do not have the luxury of space, look for a small bathtub or one that can be installed in the corner. The number of people who will be using the bathtub will also have an impact on its size.
Make sure that the bathtub will be comfortable once you are using it. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose. It won’t be relaxing to use, and this can make it a waste of money. The size should be appropriate for your needs.
Some features are functional while others are purely aesthetic. Think about the things that you will need. For instance, digital controls are good to have if you are building a tech-savvy bathroom. Speakers and tub lighting can also be great. Jets are good if you want the bathtub to be relaxing.
The best bathtubs will add a hint of luxury in any home. It does not only improve aesthetics, but it will also make bathrooms more relaxing! From material to style, take note of several things to make the right decision.